PS3 1.90 firmware in Japan today; hits Europe tomorrow
The hotly anticipated 1.90 firmware upgrade has already seen the light of day in Japan, and is due to form a lasting friendship with European machines tomorrow.
So what actually is in the update, and how close were we with our predictions?
- Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
- Option menu now includes "eject disc"
- Press triangle on the XMB to eject the disc
- XMB backgrounds
- Change the folder classification
- Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz
- Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
- Change PS3 video settings in-game
- "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"
- Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick
- Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games
- Add bookmarks
- Web browser security function in the browser's tool section
- Avatar moves during audio visual chat
Other than the 'Theme Settings', or as it is put here 'XMB Backgrounds', pretty much everything else we and the rest of the 'net predicted was off the mark. Nice!
I'll stick to playing the National Lottery - I've got a better chance of getting it right...