Looks like it is a day for updates! The latest news comes from the good people at Polyphony Digital, who have this to say about GT5: Prologue:
Starting on Tuesday, April 15th, we have provided an update for “Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II”. The main contents of this update are as follows;
- The award of race credits are now allocated at a fixed rate regardless of the number of race participants.
- The High Speed Ring course diagram has been fixed.
- Some online ID's were appearing in grey in the entry list, this has been amended.
- Some online opponents appeared to "blur", this has been amended.
- Country and area information now appears next to the online ID in the ranking boards.
- Unusually high scores had been recorded in some Drift Trials, this has been rectified.
- When Drift Trial replays were saved, occasionally these appeared in the "Load as Ghost" option of Time Trials.
This has now been rectified.
Performance Points (PP)
- The method of calculating Performance Points has been revised, to balance vehicles in events with PP upper limits.
- LCD display has been added in the F2007 interior view.
- Some interiors and exteriors of some vehicle models have been revised.
- On occasion the Quick Tune gear ratio became impossible to reset in some cars, this has been amended.
- The manual has been updated.
- The button assignments will be reset when the update is applied.
- In line with the application of the update, all ranking data will also be reset.
* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version)
Seems like a comprehensive bug-fix to us. Hopefully the re-balancing of the PP system will allow us here at PS3 Attitude to complete those last two 700PP 'S' Class races!
Labels: GT5, news, Playstation 3, PS3