Full Details; NOVASTRIKE gunning for the PS Store
Tiki Games, who previously delivered the PSP exclusive Galaxy's End, are about to launch NOVASTRIKE on to the PSN.
Available soon via the PS Store, NOVASTRIKE is a top-down shooter reminiscent of arcade shooters from the 80's and 90's - just with better graphics of course!
We have the full details of what to expect when NOVASTRIKE hits the PS Store:
- Seven challenging stages driven by objective-based goals
- Free-roaming flight
- Progressive weapon acquisition and upgrade system: as the player collects weapon drops from enemy ships the weapons themselves become available to the Scythe (the name of your ship) - there are nine base weapon systems, each with three subsequent upgrade levels
- Air and ground targets: two separate weapon systems allow the player to combat both air and ground opponents
- You're not alone: friendly fighters, bombers, and destroyers will aid you in your efforts to vanquish the Draelus invasion
- DualShock 3 support
- Continuing support: Tiki Games will be developing additional content for NOVASTRIKE throughout 2008
"NOVASTRIKE takes its roots from the toughest shoot-'em-ups, and brings that gameplay into a free-roaming, unpredictable space - and when players think they’ve conquered that, our continued support for the game will keep them on their toes with all-new game content." - Kevin McCann, President and Creative Director, Tiki Games
Check out the action in the video below, plus various screenshots, and drop by the official NOVASTRIKE website for more news.