Subscribers to the PS3 Attitude RSS feed will have already seen the details of Warhawk patches 1.1 and 1.2, as we included them in our Digg profile. Remember, if you subscribe to the RSS feed, you get exclusive Digg news in with your PS3 Attitude stories.
It turns out the Warhawk 1.1 patch actually came out earlier than expected. Some US Blu-Ray version players were able to download the patch and apply it. This has since been fixed so we don't expect anyone else will be able to get the patch until October 30th.
Anyone who did get the 1.1 patch really needs to go into the Game Data folder and delete it, otherwise you won't be able to play in the 1.0 world.
In addition PS3 Firmware 1.94 has also hit the network. At the moment though it appears that only people who have Ratchet & Clank can get the update, but we're waiting for confirmation of that.
[UPDATE] It appears the 1.94 firmware is actually included on the Ratchet & Clank disk. This is apparently how they will be providing 'rumble out of the box' in games like Ratchet and Uncharted. As some US PS3 owners managed to get Ratchet a week earlier than expected, this is why the 1.94 release is trickling out and is not on the PSN.
So we have two updates that appear to be for the few rather than the masses - one by mistake and one by design.
Here's a quick list of changes in both updates.
- Rumble support added (this has been apparently been tested with an old PS2 controller by someone at the N4G forums)
- Fix for Ratchet & Clank (the US version shipped with a bug that had a work-around where you needed to add or delete around 500Mb of data for it to load - 1.94 appears to fix that, but we're waiting on confirmation) - [UPDATE] Looks like this bug isn't fixed in 1.94 and that it just adds rumble support for Ratchet & Clank.
- Stat database stability improvements
- Improved server stability
- Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
- Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
- “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.
- Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
- Significantly improved client connection stability
- Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
- Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
- Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
- Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.
Labels: firmware, news, Playstation 3, PS3, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk